How to select your Property Manager
Being a Business Development Manager I come across Landlords wanting to change managing agencies almost every day. In my experience, the best way to ensure a smooth, stress-free Investing experience is selecting the right Property Manager from day one. If you are looking for a new Property Manager, here are 5 tips to finding a great one!
- Do your research: Conduct a ‘Digital search’ on your agent/agency before calling the office. Check the agencies Facebook page, Google reviews & Website. Seek the positive feedback, as well as the negative.
- Become a Tenant: Having a Vacant property will be one of the most stressful times for you as a Landlord, you want to ensure the agency has all the procedures in place to ensure a low vacancy rate. Does the agency have an automatic scheduling system for open homes? Does the Property Manager have their direct mobile number on the listing? Communicating with tenants is imperative to lease a property faster.
- Professional photos: Tenants will spend less than a second on your property. You want to make sure the front shot grabs their attention and entices the tenants to book in for the open homes. Having a high quality marketing campaign will increase numbers at your open homes, giving you more options and a tenanted property faster.
- Management fees: I have always loved the saying ‘If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys’. This is possibly one of the biggest financial decisions you will ever make, avoid cheap management fees, in any industry, if the price is cheap, it generally indicates they cannot provide an adequate service, so they drop the price to secure business. If you had to put a dollar figure on your peace of mind would a few dollars a week matter?
- Go with your gut: As cliché as it sounds, it’s true. You have to find the right person you trust will do a great job and make it a pleasurable experience.
If you are dissatisfied with the service you are currently receiving from your Property Manager, contact me today – 0488 383 001.
Business Development Manager
Ray White Kawana